Professional Communications Intern
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereSt.Vincent Indianapolis HospitalVolunteer Services & Internal Communications2001 W. 86th St.Indianapolis, IN 46260
The Internal Communications Professional Intern will assist in the development of communication strategies that support St. Vincent initiatives and help manage the flow of internal communications vehicles, including newsletters, leader communication, policy and procedure manuals/updates, forms, memos and group e-mails. This individual also consults with internal stakeholders on communication messages, prepares and edits copy for electronic/print publications and is responsible for posting materials/resources to St. Vincent intranet and SharePoint sites. This is an unpaid internship; however, the wealth and knowledge that will be attained is immense. This role requires a 24-hour weekly work schedule, to be arranged by the hiring manager.
While additional responsibilities may be assigned, essential responsibilities include:
- Assist with all internal communications requests in support of St. Vincent strategies and business objectives.
- Serve as internal communications project manager for a variety of projects (i.e., Associate events and activities, safety, wellness initiatives, discounts, etc.)
- Develop written content for internal and external publications.
- Assist with filing, copying and other administrative duties that support
the efforts of the St. Vincent Internal Communications department.
- Help manage Campus News sections of the Intranet
- Assist in taking pictures and recording video footage
- Write copy for social media channels - Facebook and Twitter
Education and Experience
Must be pursuing or recently earned a bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, marketing, PR, media relations or related field.
Interested intern candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Current student at Junior or senior level or Graduate School Level
- Provide student portfolio and Brief Writing Samples (School Projects, Freelance, etc.)
- Resume and References (3)
- Unofficial Transcript
- St. Vincent must have contract with school on file, if receiving school credit.
- Compliant with background check, physical and other pre-hiring requirements.
- Problem Solving
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Summer/Fall/Spring Opportunities