ORGANIZATION INFO:RAMP empowers individuals with disabilities (all disabilities, all ages) through services and advocacy to live an independent life. This is accomplished by partnering with them to make changes in their own lives, seek peer support and remove barriers. RAMP also advocates for the implementation of current laws, promotion of needed legislation and improvement of existing systems for people with disabilities while working to diminish negative attitudes that threaten to impede equal access.
PURPOSE OF INTERN: The Development Intern assists with all aspects and logistics related to special event planning for fundraising purposes. The intern will assist with setting up presentations/meetings with current/potential sponsors, communicate with community partners who are participating in upcoming events, assisting with mailings, securing door prizes and auction items, running errands for the events and working with volunteers.
EXPERIENCE GAINED: The intern will learn how an event is planned from start to finish and how to connect with community partners for event success.
POSITION PARAMETERS: Reports directly to the Marketing and Special Events Coordinator. Mileage and expenses reimbursed.
- Currently working on a Bachelors Degree in a field related to the positions job activities, or, equivalent education and work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present information in a clear, concise manner;
- Literacy in computer applications including word processing, excel, and database management;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining deadlines;
- Professional manner in dress and when interacting with others both inside and outside of the organization;
- Reliable transportation;
- Good team working skills;
- Personal experience and/or an intimate knowledge of disabilities
- Strong desire to see the Independent Living Philosophy carried out in the community.
Summer Internship: March 1, 2018
Fall Internship: July 1, 2018
Spring Internship: November 1, 2018
Intern must be willing to work a minimum of 10 hours per week, max of 20 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume and letter of interest to HR via email at email@example.com or fax 815-968-7612.
- Data Entry
- Event Planning / Management
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 10-20 hours per week
- Send resume and letter of interest to HR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 815-968-7612.