Put your language skills to great use! You can make the difference between whether or not NVFS is able to help an individual or family needing support. Volunteer interpreters are needed to interpret for clients during their counseling sessions and to translate documents. Interpreters must be able to assist on weekdays between 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and be able to commit to an average of four (4) hours per month.
Arabic and Spanish interpreters are most needed. Other top language needs are: Dari, Farsi and French. No prior interpreting experience necessary; training is provided.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours per week
- Must be available during the work week (M-F 9am to 5pm)
- Help Us End Hunger!
- Prepare and Serve a Meal to the...
- Do You Speak Spanish? We Need...
- Spread Warmth this Winter! Be a...
- Help Shape our Young Minds:...
- Bowl-a-Thon Volunteers Needed
- Do you speak Spanish? You can...
- Hunger Resource Center Volunteer
- Fluent in another language?...
- Use Your Office Skills and Warm...
- Drive Out Hunger!
- American Sign Language (ASL)...