South Shore Habitat for Humanity needs drivers who are familiar with the South Shore area.
The Driver will be an "Ambassador" of Habitat. You will pick up donations (including furniture and appliances) from homeowners and businesses, interact positively with donors, and safely load the truck. The driver will unload donations at the store and will assist with moving and processing the donations at the ReStore. The ReStore is in Hanover and will sell donated, new and used building materials, home furnishings, appliances, and home goods. The purpose of the ReStore is to raise funds for Habitat for Humanity’s affordable home building efforts in the South Shore area. A CDL is not required for this job.
- Valid MA driver’s license with a clean driving record
- At least 3 years of driving/moving experience
- Experience with inventory and Computer systems (preferred)
- Experience packing trucks
- Ability to work with staff and volunteers
- Familiarity with a GPS system
- Superior people skills (You are a Habitat Ambassador!)
- An eye for Quality is a must!
- A Criminal background check will be required
- Have NO Type A violations in the last 5 years
- Have NO license suspension or revocation in the last 3 years
- No Hit and Runs
- No more than a combination of 4 accidents and Type B violations in the last 3 years
Habitat for Humanity does not give its homes away, we offer simple, decent, affordable homeownership opportunities to low-income households earning no more than 60% of the area median income through a 30 year interest free mortgage.
South Sore Habitat is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and does not discriminate with respect to age, gender, sexual preference, disability, race, religion or national origin.
Habitat for Humanity has the highest rating from Charity Navigator, America's largest and most-utilized independent evaluator of charities!
- Truck Driving
- Donor Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hour shifts preferred some days may be shorter