- Intern will report to CCM’s 810 Classon Avenue location in Brooklyn, NY to assist CCM’s SYEP department during the intake, enrollment, retention and auditing processes of the SYEP program.
- Intern will conduct interviews and assessments that may result in the enrollment or disqualification of SYEP applicants.
- During the SYEP intake and enrollment process, intern will refer youth to supportive services ensuring that those services are the most appropriate to meet the needs of youth and/or their families.
- Intern will gain experience working with the Vulnerable Youth track
- The Vulnerable Youth track provides specialized employment services for four categories of youth: justice-involved, foster care, runaway/homeless and youth receiving preventive services.
- Participants are referred by support agencies such as Administrative for Children Services (ACS), Department of Homeless Services (DHS), Department of Probation (DOP), or recruited directly by the provider through their networks of referral and support agencies.
- The Vulnerable Youth track also works with selected providers to develop enhanced career exploration and service learning activities to better meet participants’ needs. Additional services could include pre-program orientation, counseling and referrals to other programs on the conclusion of their SYEP experience.
- Intern will also monitor and ensure program eligibility through the maintenance of sensitive documentation that must be in compliance with NYC’s Department of Youth and Community Development’s (DYCD) SYEP database.
- Intern will prepare and report program data as required during staff meetings.
- People Skills
- Crisis Intervention
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 19
- Must be able to commit 25 hours a week.
- Candidates must currently be enrolled in college.