WhoWhatWhy is a great place to volunteer. We’re a friendly bunch, highly motivated to do meaningful work in the public interest, imparting honest information to a public starved for it. We all work from our home locations and communicate remotely.
We’re powered primarily by highly capable volunteers who derive satisfaction from making a difference, gain useful experience, and develop gratifying relationships. As we grow, and with it, our fundraising success, volunteer work may evolve into partially or fully compensated positions.
To apply, send us your resume and a detailed cover letter that explains why you are qualified for this position using the link below.
The job summary should give candidates a general idea of expectations for the position and a high level summary of the role. Be sure to provide an exact job location so candidates know where the position will be located.
Responsibilities and Duties
- This position will have overall charge for the website user experience with a focus on design optimization and marketing.
- Incumbent will use research to backup design decisions and create intuitive user interfaces and interactions using best practices
- Own the site user experience with an eye towards mobile design and customer engagement.
- Develop initiatives to create compelling customer experiences in collaboration with the product marketing, creative, and development teams.
- Create user flows that translate to frictionless experiences through website.
- Maintain documentation for digital experiences, including overall user experience, functional specifications, navigational structure, architecture map, schematics, user scenarios and task models.
- Drive user research initiatives for new projects that enable teams to make more informed, confident decisions
- Understand and integrate business needs and strategy with technology and end-user needs
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects and resolve competing priorities
- Stay current with evolving UI/UX trends and technologies, especially for mobile first experiences
- Have expertise in Usability and multivariate testing with a proven ability to analyze data, generate hypotheses, design effective tests, and report/act on results.
- Be familiar with modern prototyping tools and techniques
Qualifications and Skills
- Experienced in the following basic programming languages - HTML, CSS, Java, Python, PHP, Ruby, C++
- Selected candidate must be a self-motivated, creative thinker with the flexibility to provide quick response rates while serving in a volunteer role
- Possess excellent verbal communication skills
- 3-6 years of experience in design and interactive techniques with enterprise-sized websites.
- A superlative web-based design portfolio showing B2B, high-tech corporate-friendly design samples
- Demonstrated current UX design experience
- Four-year degree in design or related field. Equivalent professional experience may substitute for this requirement
- Clear and concise communicator with excellent verbal, written and collaboration skills
- Ability to work in a demanding and fast-paced environment on multiple projects
- Enthusiastic, proactive, highly motivated and very detail-oriented individual
- Experience with the common browsers (IE, Chrome, Mozilla, Safari)
- Experience with mobile designs for iOS, Android and other mobile platforms is preferred
- Proven success in ability to work cross-functionally; able to work equally well with people in business, creative and technical positions.
- Able to apply sound judgment while working independently.
- Outstanding attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
- Able to work in fully remote environment
Benefits and Perks
- This position allows the flexibility to work from home based on your availability.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please follow the link below:
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Resume and Cover Letter must be submitted
- JFK Assassination Records:...
- Get the Best out of Others:...
- Managing Editor at Media...
- Website User Experience Designer...
- Best Training Ever --...
- JFK ASSASSINATION: RESEARCHER...
- Salesforce Best Practices...
- Salesforce Account Manager
- Volunteer IT Manager Needed at...
- Wikipedia Department Manager -...
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) -...
- Virtual Fundraising Manager
- Showrunner for News and...
- Best Training Ever: Become a...
- Recruiter for Young Activists...
- Historical Whodunit Book Project...
- Fundraising Development Manager
- Editorial Administrative Assistant
- PUBLIC SPEAKING BOOKER