Adoptions Event Lead
DONATE TO THIS
20 people are interested
Department and/or Team: Events
Reports to: This position reports to the Adoption Events Director and the Executive Director.
Works with: Corresponds with adoption events team and executive leadership team on a regular basis. Close interaction with DPA volunteers and foster families will be involved. Ongoing interaction with the public and DPA supporters needed. Frequent and close interaction with DPA foster pets will also be a must.
Description of Role: This volunteer will manage all aspects of on-site adoption events, including foster families and pets, volunteers, merchandise sales, DPA marketing, and related communications.
- Taking charge of all aspects of adoption events from setup to cleanup.
- Owning responsibility for an assigned adoption event site and leading all events at that location (examples: pet stores, Community Beer Company, Klyde Warren Park, Starbucks).
- Transporting supplies to and from adoption event site, setting up and tearing down at the event.
- Ensuring all event volunteers have assigned tasks, monitoring their work, and providing feedback.
- Monitoring attendance of foster pets and troubleshooingt any issues with foster parents.
- Submitting end of day report to leadership and adoption events team, highlighting attendance, funds collected, adoption interest/applications, and any issues or challenges needing attention.
- Actively engaging the public at the event, answering questions about DPA and our mission, actively recruiting for our volunteer and foster teams, and positively representing DPA at all times.
- Depositing funds received at the event in the DPA bank account within two business days.
- Escalating any serious issues (bites, dog fights, etc) immediately to Foster/Medical Director and/or VP Animal Operations.
- Regular phone access and proficiency with use of email.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to maintain professional level correspondence at all times.
- Positive attitude at all times, must be able to present DPA in a positive manner to the public.
- Ability to handle and defuse challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Excellent problem solving ability, and ability to manage people.
- Must have HS diploma or higher degree of education.
- Must have independent mode of transportation.
We'll work with your schedule.
1818 N Westmoreland RoadDallas, TX 75212
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication