Join us at the Food For Thought Initiative's Thea's Table program to provide weekend food to families of homeless students. The program provides six meals for every member of the family to cover the entire weekend. We feed 40 families, which ends up being around 200 people being fed each weekend and about 20,000 meals since the start of the program in November of 2016.
We are looking for a volunteer to support this program by overseeing the packing and delivery of food bags to schools in the Madison Metropolitan School District. You will be assisting with the packing and loading of bags into volunteer's vehicles. We would appreciate if you also serve as a substitute driver if a regular volunteer can't make it.
Your help is needed every Thursday from 9:30-11:30 am at First United Methodist Church. T
If you are able to sub as a driver you'll need a reliable vehicle and a clean drivers record. You should be ability to lift and carry 10 - 15 lb bags of food. Minimumm age is 21. We ask for at least a three month commitment.
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hr weekly commitment
- 3 month commitment
- Girls Inc. Mentor - Middle School
- School and Community Engagement...
- Girls Inc. Mentor - Elementary...
- Community Fitness Center Detailer
- Girls Inc. Tutor
- Food Bag Loading Supervisor
- Serve up food & friendship to...
- Food Pantry Donation Driver
- Food Pantry Coordinator
- Girls Inc. High School Mentor
- Inventory Manager
- Make handmade cards to thank...
- Elementary Afterschool Classroom...
- Help keep our pantry shelves...
- Be on-call: Serve up food &...