Join us at the Food For Thought Initiative's Thea's Table program to provide weekend food to families of homeless students. The program provides six meals for every member of the family to cover the entire weekend. We feed 40 families, which ends up being around 200 people being fed each weekend and about 20,000 meals since the start of the program in November of 2016.
We are looking for a volunteer to support this program by keeping accurate inventory of food that is being sent out in the food bags. You will be helping check in food as it arrives in the morning, keep track of the food that is going out, and maintaining the accuracy of the food count in the onsite storeroom.
Your help is needed every Thursday from 9 am - 12pm at First United Methodist Church.
You should be able to keep accurate count of food, and feel comfortable using an Excel or Numbers spreadsheet. We ask for at least a three month commitment.
- Data Entry
- Inventory Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hrs weekly
- 3 month commitment
- Girls Inc. Mentor - Middle School
- School and Community Engagement...
- Girls Inc. Mentor - Elementary...
- Community Fitness Center Detailer
- Girls Inc. Tutor
- Food Bag Loading Supervisor
- Serve up food & friendship to...
- Food Pantry Donation Driver
- Food Pantry Coordinator
- Girls Inc. High School Mentor
- Inventory Manager
- Make handmade cards to thank...
- Elementary Afterschool Classroom...
- Help keep our pantry shelves...
- Be on-call: Serve up food &...