This is a fun way to be an important part of the city's biggest event- the Azalea Festival!
Historic Wilmington Foundation's Home Tour docents...
- Use information provided by HWF to educate Tour goers on a home’s history and architectural features
- Sell Tickets
- Hand out Tickets
- Mark Pre-Purchased Tickets for entry
- Encourage Home Tour guests to respect the home they’re touring (by not eating/drinking/taking pictures, etc)
- Most importantly provide hospitality to our guests and answer their questions
A Docent Training session is required sometime during the two weeks before the event. Date & Time TBD. Also if you would like to work with friends, just send me everyone's name and contact info and we'll try to assign you to the same shift at the same house. Docents have the opportunity to purchase a half price Home Tour ticket.
There are 4 shifts in total. You may volunteer for any of the 4 shifts: 12:45 - 3:30 pm and 3:15 - 6:00 pm on Saturday, April 14 and 12:45 -3:30 pm and 3:15 - 5:00 pm on Sunday, April 15.
If you'd like to take a leadership role, inquire about House Captain duties.
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Less than 3 hours
- Requires standing and interacting with people. May require the use of a smartphone (not provided).