Kindred Hospice cares for patients and families at facilities and at home, throughout central Ohio. Caregivers for home patients are often spouses or other family members who need a break now and then--for appointments, errands, or just some well deserved personal time. It's for those times that Kindred offers volunteers for "caregiver relief" and a caring volunteer visits the patient to share time while the caregiver is away.
Volunteers provide comfort and support to the patient as well as the caregiver--a two-for-one bonus of gratitude! Consider spending some time with a patient, giving the caregiver the assurance that his/her loved one is being cared for while s/he enjoys some "whatever" time to refresh, renew and enjoy the day.
Volunteer orientations are offered monthly at our Gahanna office. Please call (614.414.0500) or email for more information.
We invite you to join our team of exceptional volunteers!
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- Animal Therapy
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours/month
- TB screening (provided by Kindred at no charge)
- Relieve a caregiver - spend time...
- Phone calls - volunteers needed
- Build your resume through...
- Vigil Volunteer...
- Excel tracking - patient visits
- Organized? Dependable?...
- Share an hour with a hospice...
- SEWING PROJECTS - Comfort Items...
- Therapy Dogs in Central Ohio
- Birthday Cake Bakers
- 11th Hour Vigil Volunteers
- CAKES, COOKIES & COMPANIONSHIP
- [JASON] KINDRED HOSPICE-...
- YOU & YOUR DOG - team up & visit...
- Handmade projects to comfort...
- Veterans to visit Veterans