Volunteering with the Crisis Intervention Medical Advocacy Team is a rewarding experience that brings all those involved into contact with the incredible strength and inspiration of survivors on every call.Volunteer Medical Advocates meet survivors at the hospital following a sexual assault 24-hours a day. They provide as much support and information as needed by the survivor and any significant others who may be with them throughout the time the survivor is in the emergency room.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- It has been at least one year since you became personally connected to this issue.
- You may receive counseling now, or have in the past, but do not feel a sense of crisis in your everyday life.
- Volunteer must consent to and successfully complete a full background investigation pursuant to NRS 179-180 et seq., which includes a criminal history check and fingerprinting.
- You are not currently struggling with substance use.
- You have a strong support system in place.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months