The Civil Air Patrol seeks volunteers with an interest in assisting our units in administration.
Civil Air Patrol, the official auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force, is a nonprofit organization with 58,000 members nationwide. In its Air Force Auxiliary role, CAP performs about 85 percent of continental U.S. inland search and rescue missions. Its unpaid professionals also perform homeland security, disaster relief, and drug interdiction missions at the request of federal, state, and local agencies. The members play a leading role in aerospace education and serve as mentors to more than 24,000 young people currently participating in CAP's Cadet Program. Visit www.capvolunteernow.com for more information.
The Civil Air Patrol- Group 3 has fourteen units in the Tampa Bay area. Our units are dedicated to assisting our local community through a myriad of emergency services and operational missions. We also focus on teaching a new generation about aerospace and its impact on our future. A variety of other positions are available as well.
Location: 14 locations across Hillsborough, Pinellas, Polk, Pasco, Hernando & Citrus County
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per month
The administrative officer is expected to:
- Implement administrative policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper formatting, logging and suspension date compliance of unit correspondence, including but not limited to mail, group emails effecting the unit, directives from higher headquarters, etc.
- Maintain a current library of publications or references to online documents.
- Develop a file plan for the unit in accordance with CAPR 10-2.
- Maintain unit files.
- Review all unit developed publications to ensure they are administratively accurate prior to publication and periodically thereafter IAW CAPR 5-4.
- Develop and maintain a file tracking pending reports, remind staff of due dates and maintain a log.
- Record attendance at meetings and keep records of activities and meeting content.
- Maintain a unit library of related materials.
- Perform other administrative related duties as required.
- Those possessing or working toward academic degrees in these areas are particularly encouraged to apply, but this is not a requirement.
- Strong writing, editing, and public speaking skills.
- Age 18 or older.
- Willingness to become a member of the Civil Air Patrol and comply with all internal regulations and procedures.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Enthusiasm for community service and working with youth.
- Access to leadership training and opportunities.
- Formal recognition of training, qualification, and experience through CAP's Administration Specialty Track.
- Training and mentoring available from Wing, Region, and National members.
- Networking and training at Wing, Region, and National Conferences.In addition to position-specific duties, all members are encouraged to participate in Civil Air Patrol’s Emergency Services, Aerospace Education, and Cadet Program missions. A wide variety of Emergency Services and other training opportunities are available if desired, though participation is not required.To apply, please email a letter of interest to Lt. James Chamberland at email@example.com with the subject line "CAP-ADMIN".
- Office Management
- Program Management
- Executive Admin
- Search & Rescue
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours per month
- Willingness to become a member of the Civil Air Patrol and comply with all regulations & procedures.