2 people are interested
The Civil Air Patrol seeks volunteers with an interest in assisting our units in financial management.
Civil Air Patrol, the official auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force, is a nonprofit organization with 58,000 members nationwide. In its Air Force Auxiliary role, CAP performs about 85 percent of continental U.S. inland search and rescue missions. Its unpaid professionals also perform homeland security, disaster relief, and drug interdiction missions at the request of federal, state, and local agencies. The members play a leading role in aerospace education and serve as mentors to more than 24,000 young people currently participating in CAP's Cadet Program. Visit www.capvolunteernow.com for more information.
The Civil Air Patrol- Group 3 has fourteen units in the Tampa Bay area. Our units are dedicated to assisting our local community through a myriad of emergency services and operational missions. We also focus on teaching a new generation about aerospace and its impact on our future. A variety of other positions are available as well.
Location: 14 locations across Hillsborough, Pinellas, Polk, Pasco, Hernando & Citrus County
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per month
The Financial Manager is expected to:
- Successfully manage the unit Finance program
- Ensure internal accounting controls are adequate
- Monitor unit funds to ensure sufficient monies are available to meet unit expenses
- Ensure that unit receivables, including member flying, are collected in a timely manner
- Verify that all expense transactions are approved properly
- Verify that income and expenses recorded at wing HQ are accurate and resolve any discrepancies
- Verify required unit financial management forms are complete, current and forwarded to wing HQ in accordance with established guidelines
- Determine whether meeting facilities are contributed facilities or fixed assets and complete the annual worksheet for the national audit
- Ensure fundraising activities are approved properly, accurately accounted for and reports are filed with wing HQ
- Serve as a member of the unit finance committee
- Make sure the finance committee meets at least quarterly and minutes are recorded documenting necessary expense approvals over the current limit
- Assist the finance committee in developing and maintaining a balanced budget and forward to wing HQ annually
- Provide copies of reports received from wing HQ to the finance committee in a timely manner
- Strong writing, editing, and public speaking skills.
- Age 18 or older.
- Willingness to become a member of the Civil Air Patrol and comply with all internal regulations and procedures.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Enthusiasm for community service and working with youth.
- Access to leadership training and opportunities.
- Formal recognition of training, qualification, and experience through CAP's Finance Specialty Track.
- Training and mentoring available from Wing, Region, and National members.
- Networking and training at Wing, Region, and National Conferences. In addition to position-specific duties, all members are encouraged to participate in Civil Air Patrol’s Emergency Services, Aerospace Education, and Cadet Program missions. A wide variety of Emergency Services and other training opportunities are available if desired, though participation is not required. To apply, please email a letter of interest to Lt. James Chamberland at email@example.com with the subject line "CAP-FINANCE".
We'll work with your schedule.
Polk County Composite Squadron40 N Lake Idylwild Dr.Winter Haven, FL 33881
- Financial Auditing
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Financial Service Assistance
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours per month
- Willingness to become a member of the Civil Air Patrol and comply with all regulations & procedures.