Summer Unpaid Internships
12 people are interested
- Create and implement age and ability appropriate "horse-related" camp activities (i.e arts and crafts, interactive educational projects, games) as well as prepare and set-up activities prior to start of day
- With guidance from the Camp Director, supervise campers and volunteers
- Assist campers and volunteers while they tack up the horses for their lessons.
- When applicable, drive golf cart safely to outdoor arena
- With guidance from the Volunteer Coordinator and the Camp Director, assign volunteers to campers at the start of each day.
- Implement and monitor all afternoon activities
About Mane Stream
PO Box 305, 83 Old Turnpike Rd./Rte. 517, Oldwick, NJ 08858, US
Mane Stream...Unbridled possibilities for children and adults with special needs. Mane Stream is committed to improving the quality of life for individuals with physical, developmental, emotional and medical challenges through a diverse program of equine assisted activities, therapy services and educational initiatives.
Mane Stream provides year-round adaptive recreational horseback riding to children and adults with disabilities. Mane Stream also offers Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Speech and Language Therapy, as well as an inclusive summer camp experience for children with or without disabilities. In addition to these programs, Mane Stream offers "Take the Reins" for veterans and Armed Services members and "Horses for Healing" for those living with, recovering from and living life after cancer.
83 Old Turnpike Rd./Rte. 517Oldwick, NJ 08858
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- Horse experience (preferred NOT required), desire to work with children of all abilities, fill out application on website, submit cover letter and resume.