The Franklin Foundation for Innovation is a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting America's public schools to ensure education equality for all children. We believe that education is a right that should be afforded to all children, regardless of the circumstances within which they were born.
Are you an expert in SEO? Do you understand how the web can help an organization like our reach more people and create a greater awareness of the issues that affect our communities when it comes to public education? If you can answer yes to these questions, then this is the right volunteering opportunity for you.
We're seeking energetic and experienced webmasters with SEO expertise to help the organization improve its web platform and use powerful analytics tools to help determine what's working and what's not. The person who takes advantage of this opportunity probably does this every day for a company, offering the opportunity to use your skills and expertise to make a difference in your own community.
We're looking for:
- Strong hands-on background with SEO and analytics tools like Google Web Console, Yoast, Bing, and Microsoft Analytics.
- Strong experience with Wordpress and Joomla platforms in a NGINX platform.
- Strong experience with MySQL and MariaDB.
- Experience with website profiling, optimization, mobile.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to take initiative, and work independently.
- Be reliable and responsible, and have a good track record of meeting deadlines.
- Willingness to work with members of the social media and development teams, external developers, board members, marketing team members, and other resources.
- We anticipate 4-10 hours per month of time commitment necessary to perform well in this function.
How to Apply:
Use Volunteermatch to apply to this opportunity, apply via our careers section on our website (https://franklinfdn.org) or contact the volunteerism desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send us your resume with a brief cover email describing your background and experience, explaining why you want to join The Franklin Foundation in this capacity.
- SQL / MySQL
- Database Administration
- Google Apps
- Mobile Programming
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Website Programming
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4-10 Hours per month
- Computer/Laptop (PC/MAC/Linux) with Internet Access, Web Cam (Skype meetings)