The Franklin Foundation for Innovation is a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting America's public schools to ensure education equality for all children. We believe that education is a right that should be afforded to all children, regardless of the circumstances within which they were born.
Are you an expert in HTML, JS, PHP, CSS, and UI? Do you have Wordpress and/or Moodle experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to enhance your skillset while serving a non-profit organization making a difference in communities like you own? If you can answer yes to these questions, then this is the right volunteering opportunity for you.
We're seeking energetic and experienced Front End Developers to help the organization manage it's digital portfolio based on Microsoft Azure and cloud-based VPS technologies. The person who takes advantage of this opportunity probably does this every day for a company, and will use their skills and expertise to make a difference in their own community.
We're looking for:
- Strong hands-on background with the front-end stack, primarily PHP, JS, CSS, JQuery.
- Strong experience with Wordpress in a tiered LEMP stack.
- Microsoft Azure experience highly preferred.
- Experience with website profiling, optimization, mobile extension.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to take initiative, and work independently.
- Be reliable and responsible, and have a good track record of meeting deadlines.
- Willingness to work with members of the social media and development teams, external developers, board members, marketing team members, and other resources.
- We anticipate 3 hours per month of time commitment necessary to perform well in this function.
How to Apply:
Use Volunteermatch to apply to this opportunity, apply via our careers section on our website (https://franklinfdn.org) or contact the volunteerism desk at email@example.com.
Please send us your resume with a brief cover email describing your background and experience, explaining why you want to join The Franklin Foundation in this capacity.
- SQL / MySQL
- Database Administration
- Google Apps
- Mobile Programming
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Website Programming
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 3 Hours per month
- Computer/Laptop (PC/MAC/Linux) with Internet Access, Web Cam (Skype meetings)