The Franklin Foundation for Innovation is a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting America's public schools to ensure education equality for all children. We believe that education is a right that should be afforded to all children, regardless of the circumstances within which they were born.
As we continue to grow as an organization we have a need for a Coordinator to support and acquire volunteers for the organization. Volunteers are the lifeblood of a grass-roots Foundation like ours, and the person in this position will be a major contributor to the organization.
We're seeking a Volunteer Coordinator to interface with, acquire, and vet volunteers in 3 key areas for the organization: Bloggers, Operations, and Advocacy. This position is a volunteer position itself, but is likely to become a regular position within the organization as we grow.
We're looking for:
- Experience with volunteer coordination strategies derived from previous community organizing, political, or non-profit work.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to take initiative, and work independently.
- Be reliable and responsible, and have a good track record of following-up and following-through.
- Fluency in another language like Spanish would be a plus, but is not required.
- The Volunteer Coordinator is likely to spend 1-6 hours a month supporting our volunteerism efforts initially. This will not impact your day job, as there is no expectation for business-hours responsiveness.
How to Apply:
Use Volunteermatch to apply to this opportunity, apply via our careers section on our website (https://franklinfdn.org).
Please send us your resume with a brief cover email describing your background and experience, explaining why you want to become our Volunteer Coordinator, and share any past experiences you've had that would inform your methodology for aiding our Foundation in this area.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Group Facilitation
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-6 Hours per month
- Computer (PC/MAC/iPad) with Internet Access, Web Camera (for Skype)