Health and Wellness Workshop Instructor
4 people are interested
Help start healthy habits for individuals in our community. Volunteer to teach Health and Wellness workshop today!
Volunteers needed at our Garden Street Family Shelter to teach free Health and Wellness classes to the parents at our shelter. Volunteers will teach individuals the basics of Health and Wellness such as, nutrition and healthy eating, stress management, and mental health improvement. Volunteers are only asked to host two classes per year. Classes will be held on weekdays only, either from 9a.m. to 10.30 a m. or 6p.m. to 7.30 p.m.
* Attend initial training to understand both The Salvation Army's mission and programs and the requirements of the position
* Prepare each workshop’s outline
* Provide group and individual instruction sessions
* Assess participant’s areas for development and provide one on one tutoring
Sign-up to volunteer today at:
We'll work with your schedule.
2794 Garden StreetOakland, CA 94601
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Must be at least 18