Help start healthy habits for individuals in our community. Volunteer to teach Health and Wellness workshop today!
Volunteers needed at our Garden Street Family Shelter to teach free Health and Wellness classes to the parents at our shelter. Volunteers will teach individuals the basics of Health and Wellness such as, nutrition and healthy eating, stress management, and mental health improvement. Volunteers are only asked to host two classes per year. Classes will be held on weekdays only, either from 9a.m. to 10.30 a m. or 6p.m. to 7.30 p.m.
* Attend initial training to understand both The Salvation Army's mission and programs and the requirements of the position
* Prepare each workshop’s outline
* Provide group and individual instruction sessions
* Assess participant’s areas for development and provide one on one tutoring
Sign-up to volunteer today at:
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Child Care Assistant
- Community Garden Volunteer
- Senior Exercise Instructor
- Kitchen Assistant
- Computer Literacy Instructor
- Worship Band Members
- ESL Teacher
- Financial Literacy Workshop...
- Employment Readiness Workshop...
- Help with USDA food distribution
- Part-time Chaplain
- Beginner Piano Instructor
- Help Serve Food for our Senior...
- Positive Parenting Workshop...
- Sunday Night Community Dinner...
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Resume Workshop Instructor
- Volunteer Pianist
- Fitness Instructor
- Administrative Assistant