Help create a pathway to success and self-sufficiency for those in need. Volunteer to teach a Financial Literacy workshop today!
Volunteers needed at our Garden Street Family Shelter to teach free Financial Literacy classes to the parents at our shelter. Volunteers will teach individuals the basics of Financial Literacy such as, budgeting, managing debt, building credit, and saving for the future. Volunteers are only asked to host two classes per year. Classes will be held on weekdays only either from 9a.m. to 10.30 a m. or 6p.m. to 7.30 p.m.
* Attend initial training to understand both The Salvation Army's mission and programs and the requirements of the position
* Prepare each workshop’s outline
* Provide group and individual instruction sessions
* Assess participant’s areas for development and provide one on one tutoring
Sign-up to volunteer today at:
- Financial Planning
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Group Facilitation
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Child Care Assistant
- Community Garden Volunteer
- Senior Exercise Instructor
- Kitchen Assistant
- Computer Literacy Instructor
- Worship Band Members
- ESL Teacher
- Financial Literacy Workshop...
- Employment Readiness Workshop...
- Help with USDA food distribution
- Part-time Chaplain
- Beginner Piano Instructor
- Help Serve Food for our Senior...
- Positive Parenting Workshop...
- Sunday Night Community Dinner...
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Resume Workshop Instructor
- Volunteer Pianist
- Fitness Instructor
- Administrative Assistant