Support the mission of MADD by registering DUI offenders to attend court-ordered Victim Impact Panels (VIPs). These panels are vital in that they demonstrate to offenders the seriousness of their crimes, bringing a human aspect and real perspectives from the victims of impaired driving.
- Set-up and breakdown of registration (e.g. tables, chairs, paperwork)
- Register and direct attendees
- Work with VIP facilitator to resolve issues both during registration and during the Panel.
- Help with end of panel paperwork.
- VIP registration volunteers are given training before the panel through various methods such as instructional videos, a handbook, and ongoing support from the VIP facilitator.
- Age 17 or older
- Reliable transportation to/from panels
- Able to help move tables and chairs
- Able to interact with DUI offenders without judgment
- Able to read and speak English (for Spanish-language panels: Able to read and speak Spanish)
- Must be able to pass a background check
- VIPs are held on various evenings (6:30-830pm) throughout the workweek all over Southern Arizona. Volunteers can choose which panels they would like to assist with.
- Volunteers must arrive 30 prior to the start of registration and leave after clean-up.
- VIPs are held all over Arizona. Dates, times, and locations can be viewed at https://www.maddvip.org/.
- Learn about the judicial process for DUI offenders in Arizona.
- Hear victim/survivor stories
- Meet other volunteers who are interested in furthering MADD's Mission
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week