For this internship you will be inventorying the uncatalogued LGBT+ periodicals so that they can be added to MSS 991, the Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, and Transgender Serial Collection: http://ahc.galileo.usg.edu/ahc/view?docId=ead/ahc.MSS991-ead.xml
- Creating an item level list of all the LGBT+ serials that are a part of multiple unprocessed collection
- The inventory will include titles, dates, and the number or volume of each serial
- Identifying duplicate materials and deciding which copies should be preserved and which should be weeded
- Potentially adding material to MSS 991, the Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, and Transgender Serial Collection: http://ahc.galileo.usg.edu/ahc/view?docId=ead/ahc.MSS991-ead.xml
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Pursuing a degree in either History, Museum Studies/Public History, or Information and Library Science
- Strong organizational skills: the ability to multi-task and maintain focus, organized
- Ability to think creatively and work independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comfort using and learning various types of technology
- Proficiency in Excel
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- No library or archival experience necessary
TO APPLY: Interested applicants may submit their resume and cover letter to Volunteer Services at email@example.com . No phone calls please. This is a non-paid internship.
- Exhibition Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer Coordination Intern
- Design Intern
- Atlanta History Center History...
- Outreach Programs Assistant
- Public Programs Intern
- Manuscript Archives Intern
- Collections/Registration Associate
- LGBT & Serial Inventorying
- Margaret Mitchell House Writing...
- Marketing and Communications...
- Visual Archives Intern