This position is intended to assist the Manuscript Archivist with a variety of tasks depending on projects and inventory needs. This position will expose the intern to all aspects of operations involving the Archives Department: research and processing skills, hands on experience with historical material, preservation, etc.
- General support to the Manuscript Archivist and Archives Department
- Conduct research and create finding aids for primary resource collections
Desired Skills and Competencies
- History or American studies students preferred
- Strong research abilities, written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Flexible and comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills: to communicate affectively and to work independently
- Able to work and complete tasks under a deadline
- Sensitivity to cultural and artistic diversity
TO APPLY: Interested applicants may submit their resume and cover letter to Volunteer Services at email@example.com . No phone calls please. This is a non-paid internship.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer Coordination Intern
- Design Intern
- Atlanta History Center History...
- Outreach Programs Assistant
- Public Programs Intern
- Manuscript Archives Intern
- Collections/Registration Associate
- LGBT & Serial Inventorying
- Margaret Mitchell House Writing...
- Marketing and Communications...
- Visual Archives Intern