This position is intended to assist the Director of Adult and Family Programs with the organization, development and execution of programming.
- Building activities for multi-generational families that are participatory
- Developing new presentations and research for interpretations
- Budget pricing for materials for crafting and demonstrating
- Developing and sending email list serves
- Assist with the organization and execution of two family programs
- Research history of time periods represented in programs and provide ideas for expansion
- Prep materials and attend Public Programs events
- Fact check website and DOEs for program content
- Research what programs other institutions offer
- Assist with basic department organization and other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Coursework in African American, African, or Diaspora Studies required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Able to lift 20 pounds over head
- Flexible and comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills: the ability to multi-task and maintain focus, organized
- Able to work and complete tasks under a deadline
- Sensitivity to cultural and artistic diversity
TO APPLY: Interested applicants may submit their resume and cover letter to Volunteer Services at email@example.com . No phone calls please. This is a non-paid internship.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer Coordination Intern
- Design Intern
- Atlanta History Center History...
- Outreach Programs Assistant
- Public Programs Intern
- Manuscript Archives Intern
- Collections/Registration Associate
- LGBT & Serial Inventorying
- Margaret Mitchell House Writing...
- Marketing and Communications...
- Visual Archives Intern