Do you enjoy traveling and meeting people and giving them a vision for missions and Bible translation? Are you good at coordinating details and accomplishing tasks? Have you ever prepared for events over the phone and through email?
Become part of the Missions at the Airport team, providing the pre-event, event, and post-event support needed to cast vision and inform people how JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
You will help take the administrative load off the director, so the director can focus on aviation, safety, and airport requirements.
Serve on the Missions at the Airport team to assist in the planning and logistics of the Missions at the Airport program in the following areas.
- For a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Plan and schedule Missions at the Airport (MATA) events
- Develop and maintain relationships with local MATA sponsors and event attendees
- Communicate with local organizers regarding logistics, housing, and transportation
- Schedule aviation and public relations staff appropriate for each event
- Coordinate ground support for setup, supervise local volunteers, displays, sale items, and takedown
- Prepare travel requests, petty cash, manage trip funds, and Square credit card sales
- Reconcile ride, sales, and expense reports
- Drive ground support vehicle when required
- Speak publicly, sharing the JAARS story in churches, schools, conference centers, etc.
- There are normally 30+ Missions at the Airport events each year. Ability to travel and be away from home for a substantial number of events, sometimes for two to three weeks at a time
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Experience & Skills Desired
- Organized and detail oriented
- Able to communicate well on the phone and in person
- Ability to reconcile funds
- Capable and willing to speak at events
- Valid driver’s license
- Good health to withstand long days, lifting 30 pounds, and varied weather conditions
- Recognize the need for a flexible schedule
- Good computer skills
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 40+ hours/week
- Kitchen Assistant
- IT Project Manager
- IT Support Specialist
- Aviation Parts/Inventory Manager
- Mission Team Assistant
- Software Developer - Language
- Partner Relations Representative
- Gift Shop Business Coordinator
- Special Events Coordinator
- Training Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- IT Test Engineer
- Type Designer
- IT Network Security Engineer
- Tour Ambassador
- Multi-Generational Engagement...
- Director of Technology and...
- 4WD and Motorcycle Instructor
- Housekeeping General Duties Staff