Encore.org: Encore Fellowship Opportunity with Kidsave
You are a seasoned professional with a minimum of 25+ years of experience, who is retired or in transition. You want to continue to work and want to do something with meaning. You are ready for a second act for the greater good.
Encore Fellowships are structured programs that place highly-skilled, experienced professionals into social-purpose organizations, where they help nonprofits build capacity, and ultimately, have a greater impact on their communities. Fellows commit to 1,000 hours of work over 6 to 12 months. They are paid a stipend of $20,000 and are integrated into the nonprofit’s leadership team.
Kidsave (www.kidsave.org) believes every child deserves a family. Through their unique Family Visit model, they work to move foster youth in the US and orphans abroad out of government care and into permanent, loving families. Their programs include:
Weekend Miracles which works to advocate for older foster youth in government care (ages 9-17) and providing opportunities for prospective mentors and adoptive families to meet and build connections with their youth. Kidsave connects these youths with a host family who commits to spending at least two days a month with them for a minimum of one year.
Summer Miracles brings Colombian orphans ages 11 - 14 staying with host families across the US for Kidsave’s Summer Miracles(r) Program. These children have little chance of being adopted in their own country simply due to their age. During their stay, Kidsave staff, dedicated volunteers and host families work diligently to find adoptive families for all the children.
Since 1999, Kidsave has directly served 11,743 children in addition to providing training programs and child services leadership for over 20 international, federal and regional governments as well as community organizations. Kidsave has adapted the Family Visit model to work abroad in Russia, Colombia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Sierra Leone. To meet the demand of the rapidly growing older foster youth populations in the United States, Kidsave has trained local agencies in Washington, DC, Colorado and North Carolina and plans to offer training to expand its programs not only in Los Angeles County but also Northern California, Georgia, and Texas.
Development Encore Fellow: Primary Role and Responsibilities
Kidsave seeks an Encore Fellow to spark new energy into fundraising and donor cultivation initiatives, as well as create a guide to best practices for soliciting major donors that can be used now and into the future. Working closely with the CEO and Co-Founder, the Fellow will:
- Research funding options and potential partners including foundations, corporations, government and major individual donors
- Design and implement development plan/strategy for 2018 and beyond
- Support Board recruitment efforts
- Set cultivation and donor stewardship meetings for senior management, trustees and or staff.
- Support and assist with company-wide system for collecting donor data and regularly touching key donors; ensure all assigned staff and board fulfilling stewardship commitments.
- Work with database manager and interns to regularly screen and collect donor data
- Assist with development of fundraising materials that tell Kidsave story in digital and print formats
Encore Fellow Development: Key Skills Requirements
- Successful track record (25 years+) in business development, fundraising and/or corporate partnerships
- Expert relationship builder and networker who can also build an infrastructure for ongoing relationship management
- Experience in implementing strategic and organizational growth plans
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- A creative mindset and ability to generate new ideas
- Accustomed to prioritizing, executing, and achieving results in lean environments; always ready to engage and lend a hand where needed
- Thrives in a collaborative environment
- A belief in the mission of Kidsave
If you are interested in this role or know someone who fits these requirements, please contact Judy Bamberger, SVP Encore Fellows Program Manager at 818.807.3516 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Encore Fellows program visit: https://encore.org/fellowships/
- Sales Coaching & Training
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Strategic Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1000 hours over 12 months