Fundraising and event revenue are key revenue sources for the Nassau County Museum of Art and provides significant support for its exhibitions and public and school programming. The Museum’s Development staff plans and executes all fundraising events including the Museum’s major annual fundraiser for 300+, the Museum Ball, as well as the Art of Golf, and other smaller events. The Museum’s Fundraising Events range in scope and scale from a formal sit down black tie 'gala’ (the Museum Ball) with live entertainment and luxe auction items under a grand tent on the Museum’s grounds to Corporate fundraisers like the Art of Golf held off site for 100+ people featuring fun golf games and prizes, raffles, auction chances. The Museum needs assistance will all aspects of event planning and execution.
Key Responsibilities: The Event and Fundraising Volunteer helps with event planning and supports the work of Development staff and the various Committees.
- Ensures the accurate recording of donations.
- Proofreads development reporting from database.
- Aids in the preparation of mailing lists and reports.
- Uses Microsoft Office Suite to execute mail merges and de-dupe excel lists.
- Prepares acknowledgement letters from the database as needed
- Follow up on Museum and Committee outreach for auction donations and sponsorships/advertisements
- Assists on the event day for set-up, guest assistance and registration and break down.
- Data Entry
- Project Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4 hours/week for minimum of 3 months
- ability to lift 20 lbs unassisted