Blue Sky Tiger Sanctuary is a new nonprofit organization and we are looking for a volunteer to fulfill the role of Volunteer Coordinator.
You can learn more about our organization by checking out our Guidestar page at: https://www.guidestar.org/profile/82-1474306.
To see what we've been working on, check out our blog page at: https://blueskytigersanctuary.org/blog.
The Volunteer Coordinator's duties and responsibilities may include:
- Staying in contact with the Executive Director to seek direction;
- Monitoring and creating applicable volunteer positions for the organization on volunteermatch.org;
- Creating a spreadsheet of all volunteers (past and currently active) and keeping the document updated;
- Creating volunteer-related material (pamphlets, guides, surveys, etc.);
- Answering volunteer questions;
- Organizing occasional volunteer awareness campaigns;
- Help the Executive Director identify different volunteering needs; and,
- Interacting with and giving direction to volunteers!
- You care deeply about animal rights and want to help tigers;
- You are responsible;
- You have consistent access to email;
- You have fairly consistent access to a telephone (at least for outgoing calls);
- You are a self-starter and work well with minimal supervision;
- You have at least 5 hours a week to dedicate to this position for the next three months;
- You are a strong communicator;
- You like animals AND people;
- You've had some sort of experience managing people before (feel free to get creative with this); and,
- You have tenacity!
If you are interested in applying for the position, please email your cover letter (optional) and resume (put "Volunteer Coordinator" in the subject line) to the Executive Director at:
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 5 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months
- Must be able to commit to minimum of 3-month tenure