Panel Coordinator [Volunteer Position]
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
The Panel Coordinator works with the Director of Panel Programming and the Panel Program Manager to coordinate panels and presentations, and the panelists and presenters for the Con. The Coordinator provides logistical and administrative support to ensure that project deadlines related to panels and presentations are clearly communicated, documented, and met. Reports to the Panel Program Manager.
- Assists the Director, Manager, and Panel Selection Committee in the execution of tasks and projects
- Coordinates with panelists, presenters, and moderators to gather all information required for web and print materials
- Works with the Web team to ensure the website is kept up-to-date with panelist and presenter information
- Coordinates with Copy and Design Teams to meet deadlines for inclusion in programming book
- Ensures copy is edited by the Copy Team within deadlines
- With Manager, oversees Special Agent coverage and troubleshoots issues
- Available to handle any request that may arise
- Coordinates hospitality for panelists
- Other coverage as needed
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively both independently and within a team
- Has the ability to prioritize, problem solve, and multitask
- Exhibits a keen attention to detail, including follow-through and follow-up
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills
- Has strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Able to complete projects unassisted
- High degree of flexibility
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to be present at the yearly Convention
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- Minimum commitment to this volunteer position is two Convention cycles.
- With the exception of the Executive Director, GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 10-15 hours per week of work is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!
- Event Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10-15 hours per week, increases during Convention
- In-person attendace at monthly staff mtgs; Volunteering at Con 10/26-10/28, 2018