Weekly Sunday Morning Escort for Veterans Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center Uptown Division
3 people are interested
1. Assignment Title
Weekly Sunday Morning Escort(s) for Veterans of Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center
(*If you are interested in this position please send an email to VHAAugVoluntaryService@va.gov )
2. Purpose of Assignment
Assist/Escort CLC identified residents off unit to 3rd floor Sunday Morning Worship service that starts at 9:00am and return after service to CLC.
· Arrive Sunday no later than 8:30am. Nursing staff will ensure residents are ready by 8:30am.
· Escort residents in a timely manner - to be seated in chapel before the start of service.
· Confirm with CLC staff of all individuals attending prior to leaving unit and notify staff after all individuals upon return.
4. Time Commitment
Weekly-Sunday Worship Service
8:45am- 10:15am - 3rd Floor Chapel UD
1.5 Hours - Service starts at 9:00am
- Pass a background check
- Complete Volunteer Orientation
· Must be able to push wheelchair up to 250 lbs. and navigate through facility without fatigue.
6. Training and Skill Development
1. Understanding of spiritual/emotional care and health.
2. Some understanding of physical/cognitive limitations related to aging population (Dementia &/or severe cognitive impairments, Stroke, etc.)
3. Must be able to work independently & enjoy older adult population.
4. Proper PPE & hand washing techniques
5. Training on consistencies used in medical center
Volunteer reports to: Christian Ndeti
8. Supporting policies
* VHA Handbook 1620.01
* Medical Center Policy MEMORANDUM NO. 119-14-01
Where/what’s provided: CLC units and Uptown Chapel.
· Structured recognition/awards program
· Annual Flu Shot at no cost
· Eligible to join credit union
· Make tax-free purchases in Canteen store
We'll work with your schedule.
Augusta VA Medical Center950 15th StreetAugusta, GA 30901
- Veteran Care