Opportunity to Make an Impact at a School in Tanzania - Director of Special Projects Position
2 people are interested
The Director of Special Projects will serve as the leader of any educational projects held during or after school, the organizer of community activities, and the office worker responsible for networking with other organizations. He or she will assist in the office with tasks delegated to him/her by the Director. He or she is responsible for the effective and efficient implementation of all extra-curricular projects at the school and oversees all who are working on those projects. He or she will also supervise women's empowerment programs. A once in a lifetime opportunity to work closely with children and adults from a different culture. This position offers invaluable work experience for anyone interested in international development, women's empowerment programs, and/or education in general.
- Commitment to service.
- Ability to engage children, faculty, and volunteers.
- Ability to live in a remote area.
- Commitment to working in the field of education and/or non-profit organizations.
- Strong team-building skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Experience in the education field is helpful.
- Experience working or volunteering abroad is helpful.
- Basic knowledge of Swahili is advised.
We'll work with your schedule.
PO Box 16Hai, Kilimanjaro Tanzania
- Problem Solving
- Financial Literacy
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months - 2 years