Do you have a love for Aviation and desire to see the next generation become involved in using their aviation skills to support Bible translation in the most remote and difficult locations on earth? You can put that love and interest to work for God’s kingdom!
Are you a good communicator who can inspire, cast vision, and answer practical, down to earth questions? Be part of the Aviation Recruiting team, reaching out to college students and beyond, to fill our needs in countries around the world.
Mobilize, maintain contact with, encourage, interview, inform, and screen potential Aviation candidates for membership.
- For a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Know the Aviation position openings and the requirements required for each position.
- Determine avenues for engagement to attract applicants and fill specific job openings.
- Recruit at events, colleges, and job fairs including setting up displays and having materials to give out.
- Develop and maintain contacts with schools, alumni groups, and other organizations to find and attract candidates.
- Make public presentations at schools, organizations, and job fairs regarding JAARS and our Aviation opportunities.
- Respond to new contacts, and record all interactions in the Aviation Recruiting database.
- Explain the job requirements, technical evaluation, application, training, and field orientation processto candidates.
- Arrange on site visits and tours to cast vision for the positions.
- Discuss the Self-Assessment questions to determine candidate’s eligibility or need for remedial work.
- Set reminders to connect with contacts to determine their current interest and readiness levels.
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience Desired
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of aviation and the basic requirements
- Good oral and written communication skills
- MS Office applications and Google Apps
- Mission field experience a plus
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Kitchen Assistant
- Avionics Technician
- Aviation Hangar Receptionist
- IT Project Manager
- Aviation Parts/Inventory Manager
- Aviation Mechanic
- Mission Teams Assistant
- Software Developer - Language
- Aviation Hangar Bookkeeper
- Partner Relations Representative
- Gift Shop Procurement Coordinator
- Training Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- Type Designer
- Mission Teams Manager
- IT Network Security Engineer
- Tour Ambassador
- 4WD and Motorcycle Instructor