Olive Crest Volunteer: Homework Help
We are looking for volunteers age 16 and older, to tutor elementary and middle school students. After-school tutors must possess a passion for helping students learn and have the knowledge and skills to help students find new ways to look at difficult skills and concepts. As a tutor, you must have patience, as many students you work with will have trouble understanding the content you are trying to help them with. You must also have a positive attitude and know ways to motivate students when they become frustrated by material they do not understand. Olive Crest homework help program is a free program to their clients and community.
- Ask students about specific topics or subject areas that are giving them trouble or that warrant further exploration.
- Review recent homework assignment and test scores, and work through problems or questions that the student did not answer correctly.
- A tutor may also help students develop study skills and organization techniques to help improve their academic performance.
- Communicate with Family Resource Center Coordinator about trouble areas or any other issue that requires attention.
- Olive Crest offers tutoring three times a week. Tuesday through Thursday, from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Make a commitment of a minimum of three months to the program.
- We break for winter, a few weeks in the summer, and holidays.
- Literacy / Reading
- Special Needs
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- up to 6 hours a week, minimum 3 month commitment.