Serve Your City DC Internship
9 people are interested
Volunteer Internship Summary:
Serve Your City DC (SYC) is now accepting applications to fill an unpaid SYC internship position. The SYC intern will have the opportunity to work closely with Washington D.C. school leaders, children and parents to inform them about the SYC opportunities available to them; including but not limited to rowing, yoga, tutoring, and summer enrichment programs. The intern will be responsible for outreach, community engagement, recruiting students and will also support student enrollment efforts by providing admission information to prospective students.
Applicants Must Have:
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong cultural competency skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population
- A desire to cultivate relationships with leaders and students in the community
Applicants must be:
- Willing to work 10-15 hours per week to the unpaid internship
- Familiar with Washington D.C. public schools
- Committed to making a difference in the lives of underserved youth
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and support of SYC’s mission and core values
About SERVE YOUR CITY
1529 PENNSYLVANIA AVE SE, WASHINGTON, DC 20003, US
Serve Your City (SYC) is a non-profit that creates essential learning opportunities for at-risk DC students through innovative programming and the engagement of passionate volunteers. We train young professionals to teach and inspire students through literacy, math, science and wellness programs.
Serve Your City (SYC) is a Washington, DC-based non-profit that creates essential learning opportunities for at-risk students in our nation's capital.Serve Your City (SYC) is a Washington, DC-based non-profit that creates essential learning opportunities for at-risk students in our nation's capital.
We'll work with your schedule.
1529 Pennsylvania AveWashington DC, DC 20003
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
- 10-15 hours per week