Jumpstart your career in outreach or public relations with an exciting internship at Eugene Public Library. The Summer Outreach Intern plays a critical role in representing the Library at community events throughout the city. Join our team and help spread the word to the community about all the wonderful services and opportunities at Eugene Public Library.
Event Dates: June 2, June 19, June 26, July 10, July 17, July 29, August 7, August 14, August 21
Intern Responsibilities: The Summer Outreach Intern provides valuable support to the Community Relations team. Primary project areas include, but are not limited to:
- Tabling at Community Events: Set-up event booth, answer questions about Library services, provide materials, facilitate booth activities, track booth interaction, and tear-down event booth.
- Analysis of Efforts: Document interaction and interest at events and provide reports to the Community Relations team.
- Communication: Communicate with event team.
- Strategic Analysis: Be a strategic thinker, analyzing events as we go and making suggestions for greater community impact.
- Other Duties: Intern may be asked to provide support for other departments or projects as needed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Enthusiasm for libraries, literacy, and sharing knowledge.
- Ability to engage with the public in a clear, friendly, respectful, and exuberant manner.
- Ability to write, proofread, spell, and understand the basics of good written communication.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to work within established systems and guidelines.
- Evening and weekend availability on event dates. The remaining hours of the internship are flexible around school schedules.
- Understanding of basic outreach and/or public relations practices.
- Spanish bilingual a plus
To apply, please send your resume and letter of interest to Amy Hartsfield: firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, contact Amy by email or at 541-682-8335.
- Literacy / Reading
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Approximately 65 hours over 12 weeks.