Needing 2 types of volunteers to make a difference in our hospice patients' lives. I believe making a difference in a hospice patient's life is one of the most rewarding things a volunteer can do. We assign patient duties based by the patients needs to the volunteers talents and availability.
Administrative to help with general office duties such as:
- Copying & collating materials.
- Assist with outgoing mailings.
- Typing and assisting with correspondence.
- Assist with organizing and staffing Hospice events and activities.
- Making cards, baskets, etc to be given to hospice patients.
- Providing companionship such as visiting with, reading to, writing letters, playing cards or even just sitting and listening to the patient.
- May provide respite to families by running errands, light meal preparation light house keeping chores or other tasks.
- Data Entry
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Hope for 1-2 hours per week min
- Compassionate, trustworthy, personable & dependable. DL won't be required for Admin only volunteer.