Position: Development and Marketing Intern (unpaid)
Employer: Champions for Health (CFH)
Reports to: Development Coordinator
Champions for Health is a nonprofit organization (Tax ID #95-2568714) dedicated to help those without or limited access to healthcare. Our internship provides an unparalleled opportunity for professional growth and development and will prepare the intern to be an ambassador in their profession. Interns will have frequent contact public health experts, physicians, civically-minded health professionals and health organizations. Interns will have the opportunity to aid our mission to provide pro bono specialty care, conduct field research and work along staff dedicated towards a healthy San Diego.
Champions for Health is looking for a social media intern who thrives under creative freedom. We’re looking for a story teller who can capture the hearts of potential donors using words, graphics, and pictures of our programs and events throughout San Diego County. A penchant for visuals and a solid understanding of social media is strongly encouraged and the ability to take initiative is a must. This is a great way to demonstrate experience in the field of marketing, communication, development, or any nonprofit work. Hours are flexible 4-8 hours a week, and work can be done remotely."
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under supervision, the Development and Marketing Intern will:
- Coordinate outreach projects that promote health, and wellness education program activities
- Assess and evaluate programs, perform research on relevant topics, and revise presentation materials as appropriate
- Participate in the development of marketing and promotional goals and strategies, as appropriate
- Serve as a health promotion and community liaison
- Serve on taskforce as assigned
- Perform additional job-related duties as assigned
- Excellent writing, editing and oral communication skills.
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus but not required
- Time commitment: 4 or more hours a week at our office in Kearney Mesa. Flexibility to work some weekends for events.
- Strong calling to support the underserved through health and medicine.
If interested please email resume/ CV to Andrew.Gonzalez@championsfh.org to be considered for an interview.
- Content Management Systems
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment