The Center for Justice and Accountability (CJA) brings the world's worst human rights abusers to justice. Their crimes include torture, genocide, war crimes, and other heinous acts all over the globe.
Thank you for considering a volunteer position for CJA’s 20 th Anniversary Gala. The event will bring together elected officials, judges, leading lawyers, advocates, survivors, and supporters to celebrate our history and important victories secured by CJA and our partners over the last 20 years.
Below are the available volunteer opportunities. We will try to accommodate your request but appreciate your flexibility if the slots are filled. Deadline to sign-up is March 2, 2018, but positions will be filled as the requests come in.
Date: Thursday, March 8, 2018
Time: 6:00 pm
Location: Julia Morgan Ballroom; Merchants Exchange Building; 465 California Street (at Montgomery), 15 th Floor, San Francisco.
Attire: Business/semi-formal attire (dress pants, dress shirts, tie, dresses/skirts; colors black, red, and white).
Wednesday, March 7, 2018 - 4:00-8:00pm
- Annual Event Prep - working at the CJA office to prepare event materials.
Thursday, March 8, 2018
- Registration set up/Guest check-in: 4:00-7pm
- Greeters: 5-7:30pm
- Raffle ticket sales: 5-8 pm
- Runners: 5:00-8:00pm
- Collect Donations/Pledge information: 7:30-8:30pm - collecting donation checks and charging credit cards using Square during the pitch or collecting information of donors who wish to make a pledge.
- Event Break-down: 8:30-10:30pm - working with CJA staff to pack up materials post-event.
CJA will provide snacks and drinks for the volunteers. All volunteers are welcome to stay during the program after their shifts to watch any speakers or presenters.
Thank you for taking the time to review these volunteer opportunities. Please contact, Susana Solis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415.529.7756 for further questions or to volunteer.
- Event Management
- People Skills
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-4 hour shifts
- No training required, but volunteers must arrive 15-30 minutes earlier for a brief orientation.