The mission of ACS is to empower youth in our community to find their way through social-emotional support and by building safe, accepting communities.
ACS currently implements four core programs in Santa Clara and San Mateo County communities: the On-Campus Counseling Program, providing bilingual on-site individual and family counseling, crisis intervention, mental health education, and support at no cost to students/families attending nine middle and high schools; the Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment Program, a State-certified outpatient facility providing treatment to teens and families struggling with drug and/or alcohol abuse, as well as community prevention education; the Community Counseling Program, providing outpatient mental health assessment, treatment and education for teens and their families in the general community and at local Boys and Girls Clubs of the Peninsula; and Outlet, serving Bay Area Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Questioning (LGBTQQ) teens and supportive allies with support group counseling, leadership training, and education in both Spanish and English.
We are seeking a creative, organized, and dependable Development & Marketing Intern to assist the Executive Director and Development and Marketing Associate in reaching the agency’s fundraising and marketing goals. This is an unpaid internship of 10-15 hours per week.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage ACS’ social media profiles (Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter), with special attention paid to current events, informative articles, or agency news that would be of use to our online followers
- Assist with the writing of fundraising materials & marketing copy (appeal letters, press releases, flyers, etc.)
- Conduct research to identify possible referral sources, partner agencies, or sponsorship opportunities
- Provide support for ACS events, including donor cultivation events, educational workshops, and fundraising events
- Provide administrative support to Development & Marketing Department
- Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, with a high ability to learn new programs required (Hootsuite experience is a plus!)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be over the age of 18 with reliable transportation (this position is based out of our Redwood City office)
- Must be able to commit to at least 10 hours per week during business hours (8 am - 4pm, Monday-Friday)
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, detail-oriented person with experience in writing, marketing, communications, or fundraising with an interest in learning more about nonprofit development. The ideal person will be enthusiastic to take on new responsibilities, respectful to people of all cultures and backgrounds, and understand the importance of discretion.
TO APPLY: Candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Cassy Perera, Development and Marketing Associate at email@example.com. The position begins on February 19th and runs through May 2018.
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- Content Management Systems
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 10-15 hours per week