The Down Syndrome Organization of Southern Nevada (DSOSN) is in need of volunteers to help with a 5K/Fun Run that is being hosted by students of the West Career and Technical Academy to benefit those affected by Down syndrome in our community.
Volunteers are needed for:
- Set-Up: tents, tables, chairs, signage, etc.
- Registration: Packet distribution, etc.
- Food: preparing and distributing food to participants
- Water Stops & 5K/Fun Run route volunteers to guide participants
- Tear Down and Clean Up
There many be some heavy lifting involved depending on the volunteer opportunity. Do not volunteer for these tasks if you have health or back issues or are pregnant.
Set-Up: 5:00 AM
Registration begins at 7:00 AM
Registration closes at 8:00 AM
Warm-Up at 8:00 AM
Start Race for 5K & 1 Mile Fun Run 8:10 AM
Breakfast and a Raffle to follow at 9:30 AM
Ending 11:00 AM
Tear-Down: until 1:00 PM
Attire: Comfortable clothing and shoes
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- 5 am to 1 pm, or other designated hours
- Willing to work, smile and have fun!