Had a good experience with Hospice? Be a Volunteer!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
Did you or someone you love have a positive experience with Hospice? Has it been, at least, 12 Months and you processed/reconciled the death of your Loved One? If so, YOU ARE NEEDED! BECOME A HOSPICE VOLUNTEER -and- SHARE THE BEST GIFT YOU CAN GIVE... YOURSELF!
Heartland Hospice "Friendly Visitors" help to personalize, support and enhance the quality of our Patients' lives by bringing the gift of caring Companionship to our Patients with regular visits. These Volunteers offer...
- Companionship by just being there for the Patient and offering to read, play music or a game, simply talking with the Patient, or assisting with non-medical tasks
- Emotional support to the Patients by listening & sharing experiences, allowing the expression of feelings, holding a hand, giving a needed hug, and offering words of comfort
Our "Friendly Visitor" Volunteers receive training regarding the Philosophy of Hospice, the role of the Volunteer and other Staff Members, as well as helpful skills in caring for and communicating with Hospice Patients and their Families. Volunteer hours are flexible and scheduled according to your availability. Also, Volunteer duties are assigned based on your comfort level, and there is absolutely no pressure to do anything that falls outside of it.
The goal of Hospice Care is not to "cure" but to provide "comfort care" at the end of a Person's life. Together, as an interactive Team, our Volunteers and Staff strive to make life as comfortable and fulfilling as possible to the very last moment of life.
Men and Women who are Bi-lingual or Multi-lingual (Spanish, Polish, Russian, Hindi, etc.), Individuals who seek/have Careers in the Medical Field, Retired Folks, Students/Graduate Students, and People who want to make a positive difference in the Community are welcome and encouraged to apply. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at Heartland Hospice in Northbrook, Illinois at 847-272-7338.
Thank you for your time and consideration. Together, we can do great things!
Leslie Dwyer, VC
We'll work with your schedule.
Homes & Facilities in the North Shore & NW SuburbsNorthbrook, IL 60062
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Each Visit is a minimum of 30 minutes per Patient
- Application, 3 References, Background Check, Training, 2-Step TB Test (free), valid SS#