Charity Golf Tournament Organizer
WhenFri Jun 15, 2018
Where#590, 1212 31 Ave NECalgary, AB T2E 7S8CA
The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada is seeking 2-3 volunteers to help organize and facilitate a golf tournament located in Calgary in June with funds donated to the LLSC. This role will be supported by LLSC staff.
Volunteer job titles: Golf Tournament Volunteer Event Organizer
Description of available position: The volunteer event coordinators for the Golf Tournament Fundraiser will organize and manage the fundraiser, leading and delegating tasks in order to facilitate a successful event. This exciting event will include a golf tournament as well as a silent auction and lunch. The event date is June, 2018 with the final date to be determined. This position will be a four-month commitment.
Duties of available position:
- Organize, manage and sell tickets for the fundraiser
- Collaborate with other members of the volunteer committee to ensure tasks and goals are completed in a timely manner
- Work with Tournament Director for all event details
- Create and manage format, rules and games for the tournament
- Solicit items for silent auction from local businesses -spa packages, gift cards, rounds of golf, golf clubs etc.
- Promote event using social media, event listings in Calgary, media (printed, radio)
- Collect and manage ticket sales
- Set up and oversee all activities on event day
- Connect with businesses for potential sponsorships (companies or individuals who donate money to the event. In return, the sponsor's name is advertised at one of the golf tees/holes)
- Put together welcome bags (water, snacks, golf balls etc.)
Qualifications preferred but not required: Background golf knowledge, prior event planning and fundraising experience.
Relevant areas: Business, Marketing, Event Management, Public Relations, Journalism, Information Design, Human Resources, Tourism, Sports and Recreation Management.
Applicant type: Part-time over the next four months.
Method to apply: Please email Melanie Seneviratne: email@example.com and speak to what experience skills you have that would make you a good fit for this position within the email. Feel free to attach your resume as well.
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Approx. 4 months