* IN ORDER TO REGISTER AS A VOLUNTEER, EMAIL MARY.OWENS@RALEIGHNC.GOV *
Come help The City of Raleigh Parks Staff spread mulch at a local Park! Mulch is used to help hold in moisture, fight weeds, and to maintain a well landscaped setting.
Volunteer Duties: Volunteers will use hard rakes, pitchforks, and wheelbarrows to help spread mulch.
Special Information: We will supply tools, gloves, snacks, water, sunscreen, bug spray, and a first-aid kit. We ask that all volunteer wear loose comfortable clothing that can get dirty, and sturdy closed-toe shoes such as sneakers or work/hiking boots. We will be working outside so please dress for the weather.
Work Environment: We will be working outside so please dress for the weather. There is the possibility of uneven ground. There is no restroom on location, but we are near a developed area downtown.
Volunteer Requirements: You must be at least 18 years old to volunteer. All volunteers will need to complete a volunteer release form.
Group Registration Information: Registration as a volunteer is first come, first served. All volunteers must register as individuals, but if you are a part of a group, please list the group in the "Registration Notes" when signing up.
Per department policy, this volunteer opportunity is not to be used towards court-appointed/ suggested community service hours.
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Mulching at Red Hat Amphitheater
- Youth Baseball Coaches
- Invasive Plant Removal at...
- Invasive Plant Removal (Privet)...
- Raleigh Tamale Festival
- Egg Hunt at Anderson Point
- Planting Project at Worthdale
- Spring Fling Adult Egg Hunt at...
- Abbotts Creek Egg Hunt
- Adult Egg Hunt Preparations
- Youth Girls Basketball Coaches
- Invasive Plant Removal Durant...
- Mulching at Marsh Creek Park
- Wash Pots at the City of Raleigh...