A Volunteer Opportunity that Gives Vietnamese Children Hope for the Future!
There are children in Vietnam today who live in the grip of unrelenting poverty. Wide disparities prevail between the rich and the poor and between urban and rural areas - where malnutrition, disease, lack of education, unsafe water and persistent family disruptions reign. When children do not have a fair chance in life, there looms the likelihood that the never-ending cycles of intergenerational poverty will continue.
While many nonprofit organizations offer immediate humanitarian relief, only very few provide the kind of experiences that can begin uplifting an impoverished generation to a new way of life! During the 8-week session, we offer a structured English language program, arts and crafts computer training, culinary competitions, field trips, picnics and daily devotions - all in a faith-inspired environment.
Our volunteers play an important role in our summer camp’s success! They also have an opportunity to improve their Vietnamese language skills; to become immersed in a new culture, and to gain valuable skills that can be transferred to any professional vocation. Just as importantly, by serving the vulnerable children of North Vietnam, they become personally transformed by the power of love through Christ.
The Volunteer experience:
- You will learn and you will teach;
- You will discover, understand, and grow;
- You will initiate a ripple effect, bringing transformational to distressed children, their families, and their communities;
- You will have a powerful impact on the children you serve;
- You will feel connected to a new culture
- You will gain valuable skill sets that can be transferred to the work world
- You will return home a different person than when you
NOW GO! You are all set to embark on a life-changing experience that will shape your life in ways you never before imagined!
Trip start: June 5th - July 25th
For more information and registration please visit our website: www.nacprojects.org
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Youth Services
- General Education
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- duration: June 5 - July 25, 2018