March of Dimes Signature Chefs Auction Objective:
Raise $175,000 in support of the March of Dimes mission to improve the health of babies by preventing premature birth, birth defects and infant mortality.
To serve as a Communications Committee member for the 2018 March of Dimes Signature Chefs Auction. You will work in collaboration with the Event Chair, your March of Dimes staff partner, and volunteer committee to gain exposure for the event and generate awareness for the March of Dimes brand and mission.
- Assist with securing community calendar coverage, announcing date, venue and other details.
- Work with philanthropy, society and appropriate reporters to obtain media coverage.
- Assist with promotional materials being distributed to the press.
- Assist in editing and sharing communication pieces and collateral for chef interviews and pre-event promotion.
- Work with your March of Dimes staff partner, referencing the MarCom toolkit for Special Events, to implement best practices with:
- Collateral content
- Media outreach
- Social media best practices and guidelines
- Scripting and/or other MarCom needs as requested
- Provide regular updates to March of Dimes staff.
- Serve as the liaison for speakers, emcee and when applicable, the auctioneer.
- Use March of Dimes templates to prepare scripting and speaking notes.
- Update the March of Dimes template PowerPoint for night of the event.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18