March of Dimes Signature Chefs Auction Objective:
Raise $175,000 in support of the March of Dimes mission to improve the health of babies by preventing premature birth, birth defects and infant mortality.
To serve as the Logistics Committee member for the 2018 March of Dimes Signature Chefs Auction. You will work in collaboration with the Event Chair, your March of Dimes staff partner and a volunteer committee to keep expenses at or below $10,000.
- Responsible for creating the event ambiance, which may include: décor, flowers, lighting, table placement and entertainment, if applicable.
- Ensure all elements of event ambiance are in line with March of Dimes branding standards.
- Responsible for the recruitment of day-of event volunteers to support event execution and setup needs, with help from your March of Dimes Staff Partner.
- Ensure items are within budgetary guidelines for expenses.
- Coordinate with other applicable Sub-Committees on the details of the event.
- Aid in coordinating placement of Chef stations and special needs/equipment and signage
- Coordinate with the Auction Committee and March of Dimes staff for item placement and closing and checkout procedures and equipment.
- Coordinate with March of Dimes staff on registration and check out procedures as well as volunteer needs.
- Provide regular updates to Event Chair and March of Dimes staff.
- Assist with volunteer needs at the 2018 Signature Chefs Auction on November 1, 2018.
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- 1-2 hours per week from home