March of Dimes Signature Chefs Auction Objective:
Raise $175,000 in support of the March of Dimes mission to improve the health of babies by preventing premature birth, birth defects and infant mortality.
To serve on the Auction Committee for the 2018 March of Dimes Signature Chefs Auction. You will work in collaboration with the Event Chair, your March of Dimes staff partner and a volunteer committee to raise a minimum of $20,000 in auction and revenue enhancers.
- Recruit and engage a committee of peers to procure auction items for the Live Auction and other revenue enhancers
- Establish procurement goals for auction and practice procurement according to March of Dimes best practices:
- Live Auction contains no more than 10 quality packages
- Secure 1.5 times the value of the goal for live auction
- Secure goal value for applicable revenue enhancer opportunities.
- Work in collaboration with the Culinary Sub-Committee to enhance chef live auction packages to create unique one-of-a-kind experiences.
- Set up regular monthly meetings with the March of Dimes staff partner and Auction Committee members to monitor progress.
- Ensure March of Dimes receives a completed donor form for all auction contributions.
- Work with your March of Dimes staff partner and Auction Committee members to coordinate the delivery, display and redemption needs of auction items before event.
- Assist with sending out the appropriate thank you letters, making calls, etc. to auction donors and auction winners.
- Assist with volunteer needs at the March of Dimes Signature Chefs Auction on November 1, 2018.
- Resource Development / Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Customer Acquisition
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per week, from home or in community.