Hospice volunteers are ordinary people, of all ages and from all walks of life, with an extraordinary love and a passionate concern for others. They contribute to the overall well being of our community one person, one family at a time. Volunteers help Family Hospice and those we serve in many ways - and are limited only by their imagination.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Patient/family companionship in patients' homes or senior communities
- Assisting in development planning efforts, including fundraising events
- Bereavement support
- Office administrative support
- Reiki and Healing Touch
- All patient volunteers receive training and orientation. Training programs are offered at various locations and times, i.e., evenings or weekends, to accommodate the busy schedules of our diverse volunteer population.
- Volunteer training is free.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One to two visits a month