Emergency Shelter - Resident Assistant Advocates
The Youth Shelter counts on Assistant Advocates to assist with the needs of its residents and maintain the high level of care that it provides. Under staff supervision, Assistant Advocates have direct and constant one-on-one interaction with the residents, and provide them with a positive role model.
Resident Assistant Advocates:
- Answer phones, provide information and resource referrals.
- Complete intakes and resident orientations.
- Participate in daily groups
- Assistant with basic need services ( laundry, food, showers, and kit distribution)
- Assist staff with general house management
Assistant Advocates are required to participate in an initial 6 hour orientation and training and receive ongoing training and supervision. A 10 week commitment to work one 4 ½ hour shift per week is also required. A Background check is also required.
To be a Assistant Advocate, you must:
- Be 18 years old or older
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have experience or an interest in working with teens and their families.
- Possess a non-judgmental attitude.
- Be willing to work cooperatively with shift leads and accept supervision.
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18