General Development Intern
Creative Arts Workshop (CAW) is an educational and cultural resource center, devoted to fostering creativity through participation in, appreciation of and leadership in the visual arts in the Greater New Haven area. Creative Arts Workshop affirms its commitment to making its programs available to a broad and diverse population.
Creative Arts Workshop seeks an intern to work (unpaid) with the Development Manager, Executive Director, Board, and other personnel as needed. In exchange the intern will receive experience working and learning in the field of Fundraising and the visual arts. The need for the intern is immediate and will run through the end of June. The opportunity may be extended by mutual agreement. It is anticipated that the onsite involvement may be on average 15 hours a week; more hours may be required for special events. The intern will be expected to learn specific databases used in the Development office. In addition to training, CAW offers the intern one tuition-free full-term course.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Recording and acknowledging monetary and in-kind gifts in a timely fashion.
- Attending weekly staff meetings to keep the group up to date on progress and challenges.
- Attending weekly meetings with Development Manager.
- Tracking and reporting on ticket sales for events.
- Assisting at events (e.g. receptions, ticket sales at the door).
- Researching new grant opportunities and potential donors.
Skills and abilities
- Proficiency in MS Word required. Facility with MS Excel (using formulas, creating working spreadsheets) desired.
- Sharp attention to details.
- Possess a strong sense of responsibility and work ethic.
- Protect confidential information.
- Work well alone as well as in a group.
- Have comfort with technology and thoroughly learning new applications.
- Willingness to jump in and learn new things.
- A sense of humor.
- 360 awareness and communication (i.e. who needs to know what? What do I need to know but don’t?)
- Willingness to stay in communication until issues are resolved, taking responsibility to insure the resolution happens.
- Keep a level head under pressure and changing needs.
- Take initiative. Suggest ideas.
Deadline is February 9, 2018. Applicants should send a letter of interest, stating their reason for seeking an internship in this field as well as a resume to Jan Daddona, Development Manager at jdaddona@CreativeArtsWorkshop.org. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Administrative Support
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- On average 15 hrs/ week depending on need