Interns will develop and support our marketing and communication needs to raise awareness about courageous heARTS among all stakeholders: youth and families, youth service providers, volunteers, and donors. This position will work in collaboration with the organization’s founder and Outreach Club to assess the needs of the organization and create a meaningful action plan.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the creation of a marketing strategy and key messages for heARTS’ programs/events.
- Assist in creating and executing a marketing plan to reach new stakeholders: participants, volunteers and donors.
- Support the organization’s web presence through social media management.
- Capture the visual story of courageous heARTS through pictures and video.
- Attend community outreach events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with social media, specifically: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr.
- Experience or interest in writing copy for web and print materials, including advertising content.
- Ability to successfully convey heARTS’ mission in a variety of ways; including excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to research and develop marketing strategies and implement communication plan.
- Creative and innovative thinker and problem solver.
- Interest in supporting an emerging and dynamic nonprofit with commitment to its mission and goals.
- Passion for youth, the arts, community building. Energetic and enthusiastic presence.
- Flexibility to be present during office and programming hours.
- Ability to work with and reach out to a diverse group of people.
- Organized, flexible, and patient.
- Ability to work individually and as a team.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to speak Spanish or Somali a plus.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training